Yesterday I spent some time going through some bins of fabric in order to consolidate, organize and get rid of fabrics I’m just not feelin’.
I had a big rubbermaid tote full of all kinds of things. Rug padding, home dec fabrics, sparkly mermaid fabrics, everything. At the bottom I found this bag I started YEARS ago. It’s made from the Amy Butler Blossom Bag pattern and also Amy Butler fabric because I cannot resist it.
So tonight I ironed it back into a normal shape (whoops) and assessed what needed to be done. Turns out it only needed the inside pockets sewn together! I was pumped! But as soon as I got going I remembered why it wasn’t done before. It’s just sooo many layers of thick fabric it hardly even fits under the presser foot. 😦 And I think I got frustrated with it and then thought “I’d never even have the guts to carry such a brightly-colored shoulder bag!” and put it to the side. I’m a few years older now and I’m definitely going to use this (even for just a few times, haha!).
I switched to my darning foot (has the most clearance), did the best I could, sacrificed a few needles… and it’s done!
Here’s the inside. The pockets should be spaced differently… but it was so hard to keep it together and I’ve gone through enough needles that it’s gonna have to do. One of the pockets is just open and one has a zipper. Then they divide up the main body… but I didn’t tack down the bottoms, so they just kind of flap around. It’s done enough to use and that’s 100% better than being unfinished at the bottom of a rubbermaid bin! No one sees the inside anyway. 😉
I love the detail at the straps!